LisaP

LisaP

REVIEW - With This Heart

With This Heart - R.S. Grey

You can read my full review at Sinfully Sexy and enter to win a copy.

5 "Heart-Felt" Stars!

“Love will make you reckless. It can drag out parts of you that common sense and fear usually keep hidden away. Because love is selfless and selfish.”

description

With This Heart by R.S. Grey is a beautifully epic and sweet tale about taking a chance at life, living free and perhaps finding an exquisite love along the way. It is about a sheltered young woman who finds someone to be reckless and carefree with. It’s about living in the moment. Sometimes when you let it all go and grasp life with all you have, you may just find yourself in those precious moments.

description

Having lived her entire life with congenital heart failure, Abby McAllister has been given a second chance at life. It is finally time to come out from under her parent’s overprotective shadow and begin to live a new life that she has yet to completely figure out. Abby plans a road trip setting out to bring some closure to the part of her that she needs to shed like old skin. Little did Abby know that her road trip would not be a solo venture like she was planning. She also never would have expected that it would be the catalyst for an amazing journey of self-discovery and love.

description

“So you’re a stalker?” I asked with a hard stare.

He smirked, a knees-turning-to jelly kind of smirk. “I prefer gravitationally linked to your presence.”

Beckham Prescott (a.k.a. Beck) is at some crossroads in his life trying to have the courage to pursue a career that he wants and not one that his family expects him to take on. When he spies a beautiful girl one day going into a funeral parlor, Beck decides to give into his curiosity and pursue the girl. Beck soon finds himself going on a two week road trip with the said girl. He knows how to live in the moment and is hell bent on teaching Abby to never take life for granted.

description

A grand road trip ensues filled with laughter, freedom, self-discovery and moments to be cherished and remembered. It’s a road trip where Abby learns how to live on the wild side and let go. It’s a road trip that marks the beginnings of Beck and Abby’s journey together. It’s a journey of love. But, it is also a voyage that comes with heartache as sometimes you need to walk through the pain before you can one day walk hand in hand and side by side.

This was such a beautiful and heart-warming tale about young love and new beginnings. It truly was a journey, one that made me experience moments of laughter with the witty banter exchanged and one that also made my heart hurt at times. I loved seeing Abby grow into a strong and resilient young woman who wasn’t afraid to make some hard choices no matter how much it shattered her. She grew into someone who truly learned how to live with a new lease on life. This book was so much more than a sweet love story. With This Heart is a book about how love and happiness can at times be found in the moments that render us speechless in our pain and desolation. How the most beautifully bright love can emerge when one learns to break free from that hurt and start to live.

One of my favorite moments in the book:
“Jesus...oh my...God, BECK,” I moaned, collecting small pieces of the world around me; my fingers digging into his hair, my hips pressing up to meet his mouth, the rain pelting the roof of the Camper.

“Did you just include me in the Holy Trinity?”

READ THIS BOOK! You will not be disappointed!

description

****An advanced reading copy of With This Heart by R.S. Grey was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review.