LisaP

LisaP

REVIEW - Lick

Lick  - Kylie Scott

5 Stars!

“Love isn’t always smooth or straightforward. It can be messy and painful,” he said. “Doesn’t mean it isn’t still the most incredible thing that can ever happen to you.”

description

Lick by Kylie Scott is book one in her Stage Dive series. I went in knowing that there was a high likelihood that I would enjoy this book based on all the positive reviews out there. Boy, did I ever! This book was fantastic. Funny, heart-warming, sexy, romantic and packed full of sexy rockers with a penchant for melting the panties of any woman with a pulse. This book was simply a lot of fun!

"Let me get this straight, you don't remember anything?"

"No," I said, swallowing hard. "What did we do last night?"

"We got fucking married." he growled.

Evelyn Thomas decides to spend her twenty-first birthday in Vegas, an opportunity to let loose and have fun with her best friend. Given the fact that she is studying to become an architect, a plan that has been in place for her since childhood, no one needs to have a few drinks, let her hair down and “get some” more than sweet Eve. When Eve awakens the next morning painfully hung-over and with barely a recollection of what occurred the night before, the last thing she is expecting is to find is a gorgeous and inked male taking care of her. She also does not expect to find herself with a sparkling huge diamond on her ring finger and a new tattoo on her arse. Well now! It looks like someone has some explaining to do!

description

“David, you’re hedging. Come on. It’s not fair you remember and I don’t.”

"No,” he said, his voice hard, cold, in a way I hadn’t heard it. He loomed over me, jaw set. “It’s not fair that I remember and you don’t, Evelyn.”

Eve knows that she has screwed up. Big time. She now faces a somewhat pissed off David (a.k.a. hunky tattooed guy) who completely remembers their night and is definitely peeved that she has no recollection of their “special event”. Not really fully understanding what happened and what to do about it, Eve decides to put everything behind her and return home. Upon coming home to hordes of paparazzi, Eve finally realizes just who she married. The David Ferris. The lead guitarist for the world famous band Stage Dive. Oh shit!

Eve returns back to David so they both can sort out their nuptials without the force of the paparazzi coming down on them or Eve’s family. Eve is thrust into the limelight and rock star life and it seems as if David is not going to aide her at all, essentially throwing her to the wolves. But, Eve and David manage to sort things out somewhat and decide to explore this connection they are feeling. Getting their marriage annulled so quickly is no longer the plan. Can a rock-god guitarist and a sweet, good-natured girl make it work when it seems like the odds are stacked against them?

description

Both Eve and David were amazing characters who just seemed to fit. David, despite his rock-star status, was genuine and sweet. He found something special with Eve and took the chance. And, Eve is definitely one of my favorite female characters that I’ve read about. She was real, down-to-earth and was not starry-eyed nor awestruck by David’s lifestyle or fame. She handled all that was thrown at her with grace and maturity. It was so nice to not have to deal with over-the-top angst. I loved it! Both David and Eve make mistakes as they embark on their romantic journey; however, they handled the messy situations with such functionality and believability. I definitely cannot say that about many books now-a-days.

All in all, Lick was a fantastically awesome feel-good book. Ms. Scott certainly had me loving hard on all the Stage Dive members, particularly Mal. This was definitely a wonderful start to what promises to be a fun series filled with witty banter, humor and unforgettable romances.

“Baby.” He smiled, wiping away the last of my tears. “You say the best fucking things.”