LisaP

LisaP

REVIEW - Angels in Leather

Angels In Leather (Rebels On Bikes, #1) - Bella Jewel

You can read my full review at Sinfully Sexy.

4.5 Stars

“It’s so brutal. So raw. So dirty.”

description

Angels in Leather by Bella Jewel is the first book in her new biker series, Rebels on Bikes. A girl on the run attempting to fulfill her father’s dying wish and a biker on a mission to capture her and retrieve what she’s got. A game of cat and mouse. When the two finally collide, will the deeply buried secrets and darkness engulf them both? Bella Jewel has written a raw and gritty book that had me enthralled and hanging on for the dark ride. It was fierce, vicious and hard to take; however, I loved every second of the twisted journey.

description

“I know how it feels to be surrounded by darkness, Cricket. But don’t you ever…ever let it consume you.”

Meadow has been entrusted with information and she is on the run attempting to get it to the right person. This was her father’s dying wish when he was brutally shot. Meadow has been hunted for over one year. The man who killed her father is now after her and she is the prey forced to keep a constant and vigilant look out. Meadow knows exactly who is after her. He once was a man she cared for and looked up to, he was her friend. Now she is being forced to participate in this fucked up and cruel game of chase. There is no rest for the wicked. Meadow knows that he will eventually find her. And, he does...

description

“Beauty – it just doesn’t cover what he is. He can’t be classified as beautiful. There is only one word I could ever use to describe him, and that is...devastating.”

Axel Wraithe is the President of the Angels in Leather MC. He is all sorts of fucked and broken with no hopes of ever finding his way out of the darkness that consumes him. Ever since he killed the man who was responsible for the demons that now devour him, Axel has been tracking the daughter of the said man. She holds information vital to his club and he will stop at nothing to get it back and out of her hands. She may be smart to have eluded him for over one year, but he is not letting anything hold him back. He will find her and when he does, God help her.

When Axel finally captures Meadow the game does not end there. Meadow’s life is threatened and Axel is determined to now keep her safe. The pair soon realize that something integral connects them. Both find themselves denying the profound link they share; but, the cravings they feel for each other can only be ignored for so long. When dark and perverse secrets come to light and the threat Meadow and Axel are facing is coming on strong, can they hang on to what has started between them or will it all incinerate under the intense heat and turn to ashes?

description

This is a book of contradictions. Meadow is scared of Axel. He is not the man she remembers. There is now a darkness that has changed him and left him a shattered and broken man. Yet, despite this, Meadow can’t seem to stop herself from feeling attracted to him and is horrified by the strength of the force that is leading her into the arms of the enemy. Meadow is in no way weak or pitiful and does stand her ground against all the arrogant dominance that is Axel. But it is hard not to give in when she remembers the man that Axel once was. She wants to fight for that man. Then there is Axel. He is an ass-hat of epic proportions and in no way lures Meadow into his sphere with sweetness and butterflies. Axel is a hard and brutal man with a soul beyond repair. He has experienced horrific situations that have left him a shell of the man he once was. He is utterly broken and can in no way repress the dark urges that now make up part of who he is. Yet, you can’t help but feel for him. His despair and the void that threatens to swallow him whole on a daily basis is all consuming. He knows and understands that he is damaged; however, Meadow calls to him at a deeper level. It just may take him some time to finally give in to all that he is feeling.

All in all, Angels in Leather is an electrifying start to what promises to be an edgy new biker series. I am a huge fan of Bella Jewel and went into this book expecting greatness. This author sure delivered. If you are familiar with her other biker series, The MC Sinners, this series definitely has darker undertones compared to her earlier works. We are introduced to some interesting secondary characters and are left with a little taste of what book two may be about. I am so excited for more. The next book in this series can’t come fast enough for me.

description

***A review copy of Angels in Leather by Bella Jewel was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.