LisaP

With or Without Him - Review

With or Without Him - Barbara Elsborg

4.5 Stars!

description

With or Without Him by Barbara Elsborg is a deliciously twisty journey about how two men learn how to love and let go of the past. This book encompassed all the things that make this author shine and why I enjoy reading her fabulous stories. Filled with suspense, humorous banter, witty dialogue, sizzling sexy times and two males who need to learn how to open up and communicate - this tantalizing and edgy book had it all. Never a dull moment in the land of a Barbara Elsborg novel.

description

Tyler Bellamy is a twenty-one year old music student in his last year of school. He has some tragic and deep secrets stemming from a messed up family life which presently manifests itself in a deep-rooted fear of being in debt. He’s so desperate to manage his school loans that he willingly attends Saturday night sex parties and essentially sells his body. Despite his willingness to share his body, Tyler manages to stay closed off and never allows anyone in, never gets too close. He is stubborn and independent and hides his vulnerabilities well. Unfortunately being at constant war with oneself, morals versus cold hard cash, is taking its toll on Tyler.

Haris Evans is a self-made entrepreneur who is just as damaged, closed off and alone as Tyler. An exotic wealthy business-man with a penchant for being in control. When he attends a classical concert, he is immediately taken with the beautiful Tyler. Haris is captivated by the amazing musician and will do anything to make him his, even if it is just for a set out time period that will eventually come to an end. Haris makes Tyler an irresistible offer and the pair begin a game of lust, sex and eventually of the heart.

Neither man can foresee exactly what is in store. Neither knows just how much they are willing to risk.

So ensues a wild ride where Haris and Tyler dive in feet first to satisfy their lust-filled urges. Soon their relationship takes a turn for deeper and more profound pastures and the pair painfully navigate the road to learning to care for one another. There are copious amounts of miscommunication and mistrust and both Tyler and Haris make their fair share of mistakes. However, outside forces are forcefully becoming a threat and Haris and Tyler have more to worry about than the state of their relationship. They need to concern themselves with simply staying alive.

With or Without Him is a fast-paced, sexy, engaging and clever M/M romance that had me smiling throughout the entirety of the book. Wilson, Haris’ hilarious and complaining man servant, was enough to have me busting a gut. This is a sweet and lovely romance where our male heroes finally open up and dare to love. I loved it. Barbara Elsborg is definitely an author that I quite enjoy. I highly recommend this one.