LisaP

LisaP

One Ride - Review

One Ride - Chelsea Camaron

4 Stars

One Ride by Chelsea Camaron is the first book in her new The Hellions Ride biker series. One sexy and bad-ass biker meets his match in a woman who knows what she wants and is all sass and spunk. One ride across the country. One moment in time. One hell of a good time.

Ok....so....I simply need to address the book cover. Sigh! Take one look...Are you done? Seriously, take a look. Horrible, isn’t it? I can usually overlook a not-so-great cover; however, when I read the descriptions of what the hero and heroine look like I was like “what the heck?”. They look absolutely NOTHING like the two people on the cover. I sure wish this book had a different cover because, for me, this cover does not represent how truly great this book actually was. Ok, rant about the cover done.

Moving on....

Delilah “Doll” Reklinger is the princess of the Haywood’s Hellions MC. Her father, Roundman, is the President of the club and Doll cannot imagine a life without the Hellions in it. The biker world is all she has ever known and she is content living in this world. She understands the rules and accepts them. Doll hopes that one day a man will come along that will make her his everything. Only then would her over-protective father possibly be willing to consider the man worthy enough for his precious daughter. Feeling safe and protected surrounded by her MC family, Doll never imagines that things would change to shatter that bubble of security. When danger comes knocking on Doll’s door, things change for the vivacious princess in more ways than one.

Talon “Tripp” Crews lives for his carefree lifestyle and biker ways. As President of the Piedmont chapter located in Catawba, North, Carolina to the Haywood’s Hellions MC, Tripp does not lead the sort of existence that is conducive to having an old lady or a family. He is content to form no attachments beyond his biker family, live only for his club and to scratch the itch whenever necessary. Enter one beautiful blonde spit-fire and all of a sudden things are changing for Tripp.

The Haywood’s Hellions MC are normally in completely control of with who and what they involve themselves in. When some business dealings take a turn for the worse and it becomes blaringly apparent that Doll may be in danger, Roundman decides to send her and her best friend on a ride across the country with the President and Vice President of one of the charter clubs belonging to the Haywood’s Hellions MC to keep her away from the danger.

Tripp has been ordered to take Doll across the country for her protection. One ride. He can do this. Despite his overwhelming attraction towards the sexy woman, he understands that she is untouchable unless he wants his dick cut off. Both Tripp and Doll are undeniably attracted to one another. The more time they spend in each other’s presence, the harder it becomes to ignore the sizzle between them. Can one ride change it all and set both their lives on different paths?

Fate brought me to this man, and I don’t think I can ever let him go.

***

“You’re everything, Doll. You’re the good in me. When the days get long, you’ll be what pulls me through. I’m gonna let you go, but I’m always gonna carry you with me.”

Tripp’s and Doll’s road to a happy forever is a bumpy one. Tripp is convinced that he could never give someone like Doll all that she needs to be happy and he is unwilling to compromise his lifestyle. I truly loved Doll’s sass and strength. While she fell hard for the sexy biker, she unwilling to be the only one to take a chance on love. She knows what she wants and if Tripp doesn’t get his head out of his ass, then she will find it elsewhere. We are not given too much regarding the secondary storyline about the dangers the club faces, but I was enthralled enough with all that was going on between Tripp and Doll to kind of set that aside.

All in all, One Ride was a great start to what promises to be a very entertaining new biker series. The writing is solid and Chelsea Camaron does a stellar job setting up this biker world and all the secondary characters/ stories. I am very much looking forward to the next book about Sass and Tank. I am thinking that one is going to be one rough ride.