LisaP

LisaP

Skin Deep - Review

Skin Deep - J.M. Stone

TATTOOED SEXY ALPHA-MALE, YOU SAY????? YES, I WAS ALL OVER THIS ONE, LIKE A HUNGRY BABY TO A NIPPLE, THE INSTANT IT WAS RELEASED ON AMAZON!

Skin Deep by J.M. Stone is the first book in the Skin Deep series. I want to first start by stating that this is a stand alone book. The remaining books in the series will be about other couples. I for one was ECSTATIC about this! I am tired of having to deal with cliffhangers. I also want to mention that this book is great people! I loved it. It had just the right amount of humour mixed in with some super steamy scenes.

Luke:

Emma:
description

Emma can't believe that she has once again been convinced to do something entirely stupid and crazy by her loopy best friend. This is how she finds herself at a tattoo shop getting a tattoo done by a sexy as hell male. Allie (the said hare-brained best friend) is having her tongue pierced which means that Emma has to get a tattoo. Right??? After falling flat on her face and splitting her lip, getting a killer tattoo and essentially being completely embarrassed - Emma is glad that the night is over even though she is a little disappointed that she won't see Mr. Sex on a Stick ever again. When Allie has some issues with her tongue piercing the girls go back to the shop and Emma is asked out by the gorgeous tattoo artist.

Luke is happier than a pig in shit when the sexy green eyed woman comes back to his shop. He decides to go after what he wants and asks her out. After all, he is definitely a man who will not take no for an answer. After an amazing first date which abruptly ends when they are "interrupted" on her couch, Luke knows he is in for the long haul with this girl. She is funny, goofy, beautiful and has him all hot and bothered.

"I'm going to lick every inch of your body, eat you til you come, and then fuck you so hard, you'll still feel it next week."

I have to say that I LURVED Luke. He was simply the right amount of alpha with a whole lot of sexy thrown into the mix. He was edible!

description

I loved the romance between Luke and Emma. Luke wasted no time in claiming what he felt was his. It took some time (not too much where it became annoying) for Emma to see the light and realize that Luke was not like her douche of an ex-boyfriend. Once Emma fully commits to the relationship it is actually very sweet and we see the trust develop and the two begin begin to form a strong bond. These two have a boat load of panty-melting scenes which I thought were well written. Luke definitely had a need for some "darker" play in the bedroom. It was nothing too crazy, but it was scorching! Delicious! ;)

One of the best things about Skin Deep is that it was FUNNY. I laughed out loud numerous times reading about the antics the array of vibrant characters got themselves into. I will provide a few quotes that had me laughing:

I shouldn’t have ordered dessert, and I for damn sure shouldn’t have ignored him while I made love to a piece of cake sitting in a restaurant.

*****

“I’ll be there to get you at six. Be ready.”

Ummm...no? I mean, we’ve had one date. So collared me and made him master?

*****

“Your dog...” he growled, “there’s something wrong with him. I think he’s gay! I stepped out of the shower to dry off and he tried to lick my dick! He did lick my thigh, but what the fuck, man?”

*****

“Hers said it was sumfing that my Daddy gived her an’ it was ‘mazing’ an’ made her toes curled up. If I have a gorgamsm will my toes curled up, too?”

See.....hilarious!!!! LOL!

J.M. Stone delivers a very entertaining story with a hot romance, humorous dialogue and a great assortment of family, friends and other colorful characters. There is some suspense to the story which plays out more towards the end with a shocking attack occurring almost at the book's conclusion. For me, the book was more about Luke and Emma's love story than the secondary storyline with the stalker. It's a great read where the author sets up the potential for further books about all her crazy and sexy characters. I for one am hooked and will be anxiously awaiting the next book in the series.

description

“And I just plain love you.”

I smiled and kissed him gently, whispering, “I just plain love you, too.”