LisaP

LisaP

Raw, - Review

Raw - Belle Aurora

5 "I'M NOT SURE I'LL RECOVER" Stars

“Raw and gritty, and dirty as hell.”

description

I want to start by emphasizing that I almost never read books that are about a tragic love gone wrong. Nope. I am a wuss and my fragile heart simply can’t handle stories where it does not end in sunshine and butterflies. Therefore, when I discovered that Belle Aurora was writing another book I was beyond blissful.

Then.

Then....

I find out that this book is NOT a love story. It’s about love gone terribly wrong. I quote – “Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.”

I mean. What the fuck????

At first I did not believe it. Not my sweet Belle Aurora who writes books that make me smile, swoon and leave me all heart-fluttery. No. She would not do it.

Yes. BELIEVE IT! She did it!

Belle, after reading this book....

I am shattered.

I am hurt.

I want to curl up in a little ball and die.

Yes, I do admit that it is a bit over the top and melodramatic. Oh well. You read the book and see how well you handle it.

description

“Monsters don’t always lurk in the shadows.”

***

“We’re all addicted to something that takes away the pain.” There’s so much truth in that phase.

***

“Not everyone can be a fairy-tale hero.” He pauses a moment, then adds, “The world needs villains too.”

***

You’re nobody ‘til somebody loves you.

description

Raw by Belle Aurora is a book I want other readers to simply experience without any preconceived notions. Giving anything away would simply be a tragedy. Therefore, coming up with something for a review has been difficult. I will simply say this. This book is gritty. It is dark and twisted. And, my friends, this book is dirty.

Alexa Ballentine is a sweet young woman who has overcome a pretty shitty upbringing. She has a great job, some amazing friends and stability. Twitch, on the other hand, is definitely not a white knight prancing around on a huge horse looking for a fair maiden to save. He is simply not a good man. Yet, the more you get to know and understand him, the more you want to believe that his hardened shell can be cracked. That there has to be some good in such a hard and warped man.

But....

Again....

“Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.”

This is a book about how circumstances in our lives mold us and make us who we are. This is a book about how we tend to label individuals based on what we see. This is also a book about how certain people can bring out our dark side.

Raw by Belle Aurora will challenge you. It will make you uncomfortable. But, most of all, it will make you feel . My gosh, did this book play with me. And, if I am to be completely honest, I liked it. A lot.

Now, I will go back to my quiet corner and continue to sob until my broken heart recovers. Who am I kidding? I am damaged for life!

description

****An advanced reading copy of Raw by Belle Aurora was provided to me via Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews in exchange for an honest review.