LisaP

LisaP

Enslaved by the Ocean - Review

Enslaved By The Ocean (Criminals Of The Ocean, #1) - Bella Jewel

You can see my full review at Sinfully Sexy and enter to win Amazon GiftCards.

4.5 "Shiver Me Timbers" Stars

description

Enslaved by the Ocean by Bella Jewel is the first book in her new Criminals of the Ocean series. When I first discovered that this author was writing a new series, I was enthusiastically happy as I wholeheartedly loved her MC Sinners trilogy. When I found out it would be a series about pirates, I was jubilantly ecstatic. That is simply another way of stating that I was beside myself with glee! Bella Jewel did not disappoint with this edgy, raw and gritty romance. I was absolutely enthralled from start to finish. Just imagine bad-ass and dangerous bikers but now they are taking their world of camaraderie and living outside the confines of the law to the open seas. Intrigued? You should be! I am talking modern-day pirates, people!

description

Twenty-four year old Indigo Waters grew up in the foster care system after her father inexplicably disappeared and her mother died of cancer. Indigo is now on the run. In an attempt to escape the dangerous circumstances she finds herself in, Indigo is willing to leave her home and flee to another country. That is her plan. She hires out a yacht and a captain to take her to England. Her best friend, Eric, decides that he will accompany her until they arrive in England and he will then return back to the U.S. Again, that was the plan. When the yacht Indigo and Eric are on catches fire and the captain is unable to save the boat, they find themselves stranded out at sea on a life boat with no means of communication. Being stranded in the ocean is a terrifying ordeal and very much a life and death situation. When pirates show up and take Indigo and Eric on board their ship, their terrifying situation goes from bad to worse. This was all definitely not part of the plan.

As horrified and scared as Indigo and Eric are, they have no choice but to get on the ship with the pirate crew. Then Indigo meets Hendrix, the captain of the renegade ship. The man is without a doubt the sexiest man Indigo has ever laid eyes on. His dominant, callous and rough nature scare Indigo but she is unable to stop herself from being captivated by the sexy pirate. But Hendrix has debts to pay and his plan is to sell Indigo to pay off the said debts. How are Indigo and Eric going to survive the nightmarish circumstances they now find themselves in?

description

I loved the romance between Indigo and Hendrix. There was no insta-love or even lust happening. What developed between the two was slow building and occurred despite the fact that both Indigo and Hendrix fought their attraction and connection at first. I admit that there were many times I wanted to chop Hendrix up (or perhaps chop certain parts of his anatomy off) for his cold-hearted attitude towards Indigo. He made me so angry at times. I admired Indigo. She was determined to survive and did everything in her power to try and escape from the clutches of the pirates. Indigo fights, argues and never gives up. What started out as a means for survival and possibly escape for Indigo, quickly became much more for her. Watching everything play out between Hendrix and Indigo was exhilarating and thrilling. The heated sexual tension between Hendrix and Indigo was sizzling and when they finally venture into a smoking hot physical relationship, there are some sex scenes that will leave you panting. With all this being said, watching Hendrix and Indigo fight their way into a happy place was definitely a journey filled with passion, heat and some tenderness that left me sighing.

All in all, Enslaved by the Ocean was a wonderfully dark and angsty adventure. My only complaint about this book is that towards the end of the book we have a lot of things that are thrown our way and I did feel that it all felt a little rushed. I would have liked a little more and perhaps would have liked to have seen the pacing slowed down a bit. I needed some closure and further explanations. I won’t go into any details because it would spoil it for other readers. Other than that, I will state that this book is a MUST READ. I absolutely loved Hendrix and Indigo. Further, Ms. Jewel introduces us to a plethora of wonderful and charismatic secondary characters. I absolutely am on pins and needles in my need for more books in this series. The next book titled One Where Darkness Lies is about Dmitri and Jess and is due out February 15th, 2014. The third book, which has no title or release date as of yet, will be about Drake. SO EXCITED!

description

**A copy of Enslaved By The Ocean by Bella Jewel was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.