LisaP

LisaP

Smart, Sexy and Secretive

Smart, Sexy and Secretive  - Tammy Falkner

description

Smart, Sexy, and Secretive is the second book in Tammy Falkner’s The Reed Brothers series. This book is a continuation of the first book dealing with Logan and Emily. It picks up three months after Emily left New York and returned to her family back in California. She left as a sacrifice, one that she was willing to make. Unable to communicate with Logan for the three months, Emily is not sure what to expect when she returns to New York. Will Logan be waiting? Does he still love her as much as she loves him?

description

When Emily returns Logan knows one thing for certain, he will never ever let her go again. He longs for her and was devastated when she left even though he understood her sacrifice. Hell, he's thankful for her sacrifice. However, their time apart has come to an end and Logan will stop at nothing to have his forever with the girl who has captured his heart.

I absolutely loved Logan and Emily in the first book and this did not change with this second installment. These two love each other with such fierceness and passion that it is hard not to root for them and stand in their corner. Logan loves and accepts Emily for who she is and vice versa, Emily sees Logan as a successful and competent man. They both see past each other’s so called “disabilities”. Their love is pure, sweet and made my heart melt.

description

When Emily’s father and her douche of an ex-boyfriend do everything in their power to interfere in Emily and Logan’s relationship, I loved how they stood strong and faced it all together. They were a team that was not going to be set against one another. One of the things that simply makes these books so endearing is the sense of family that Logan and his brothers have. Emily is now included in their family dynamics and she couldn't be happier and more proud to be a part of the Reed family. Logan’s brothers are there standing behind Logan and Emily. Will Emily’s father finally accept his daughter? Will he allow her to follow her dreams which include being with Logan?

All in all, Smart, Sexy, and Secretive was an amazing read and a great conclusion to Emily and Logan’s story. I do heartily wish that this book was a tad bit longer and I think that both book one and two could have been put together and made into only one book. Further, just like in book one, the author has two versions of the book – the sexy version and the sexy-lite version. Therefore, if you start reading and see that all the sex scenes fade to black, that would be the sexy-lite version. There is still so much more to come in this series and I am very much looking forward to each of the brothers getting their own book. I am wholeheartedly invested in the Reed brothers, in all their sexy, playful and endearing ways.