LisaP

LisaP

Tall, Tatted and Tempting - Review

Tall, Tatted and Tempting  - Tammy Falkner

Every once in a while you read a book that whacks you up side the head and surprises you. Tall, Tatted and Tempting was that book for me. This book was definitely a more emotional and heartfelt read than I was expecting. It drew me in right from the beginning. This is a well-written story with endearing characters. This is also a book about two individuals who happen to meet and simply know that life will not be the same ever again.

LOGAN:

I'm the guy they don't have to talk to. I'm the guy they don't have to pretend with, because I wouldn't know what they're saying regardless.

description

Logan Reed sexy tattoo artist who also happens to be a man-whore. Logan is also deaf. He has not been able to hear since the age of thirteen and also has not spoken a word since that time. He lives with his four brothers. Logan may give off the "bad-boy" image but underneath the cool and removed facade, he is loyal, sweet and absolutely charming. Logan has never been interested in relationships past the "one night of fun" kind. When a beautiful, dark-haired stranger comes into his tattoo shop, Logan suddenly finds himself intrigued and more than interested. When he makes his move he discovers that his usual moves do not work on this elusive stranger and he is left with a bloody nose.

I readily admit that I developed a huge lust crush on Logan. Holy hell, this man was swoonerrific! And the things that came out of his mouth had me melting - well.... my panties melted.

"I want to take you to bed, and make love to you all night long." He cocks a grin at me. "Lips. Tongue. Fingers. Teeth."

Enough. Said.

KIT (EMILY):

Home is a relative term. Home is wherever I find to sleep that night.

description

Kit (Emily Madison) is a young woman living on the streets ensuring her survival by busking in the subway tunnels daily. Emily left a life where no one believed in her and she was being forced to live a certain way that was simply not her. She had the courage to leave and go to New York. She is a long way from home but she is determined to live her life on her own terms. I saw Emily as this lost soul who hadn't really discovered her true self. She guards the secret of her past and knows that she can never allow anyone to get close. She can not take the chance that her past will catch up with her. When she enters a tattoo shop determined to get a tattoo done, she does not expect to be taken with a beautiful, curly blonde-haired and tattooed man who puts the moves on her. Emily's defenses automatically come up and she leaves the shop with a sore hand.

description

Logan and Emily encounter one another again and, due to Logan's persistence, the pair develop an uneasy friendship. As Logan and Emily maneuver through getting to know one another and actually communicating, they discover that they fit naturally together and feelings develop. Emily becomes a fixture in Logan's home, the one he shares with his brothers. For the first time since she left home, Emily feels safe, happy and loved. Logan falls hard and fast for Emily but he knows that he can not take things beyond friendship until he has her complete trust. As long as Emily is hiding who she truly is from him, he knows that he must proceed with caution. Can Emily trust Logan enough to share her secrets?

Then, suddenly, something occurs that immediately changes things for Emily and Logan. Emily is forced to make a difficult decision for the man she has grown to love. Can the pair ultimately overcome Emily's decision?

All in all, Tall, Tatted and Tempting was a great read. My only complaint is that this book was short and the ending was abrupt. I almost wish that the author chose to continue the story in the same book. This story was short enough for her to have continued. If this book was longer with more of a complete ending, I have no doubt that it would have been a five star read for me. I absolutely fell for all the characters in this story and I will most definitely be continuing on with this series. I am hoping that each of the brothers gets their own story.