LisaP

LisaP

Asking for Trouble - Review

Asking for Trouble - Tessa Bailey

description

Asking for Trouble by Tessa Baily is the fourth book in her Line of Duty series. Once again this author has delivered a whole lot of panty-melting, dirty-talking, smutty goodness with an enemies to lovers plotline. This book has a larger-than-life alpha hero butting heads with a sexy and upper-class heroine who gives as good as she gets. When sparks fly between the pair who will be the one asking for more “trouble”?

Brent Mason is a crude and rough around the edges explosives expert with the NYPD. He has a wicked sense of humor with a sarcastic bite to it. He is a huge hulk of a man. He is sexy. And, the man can dirty talk the panties off a nun. Underneath his crass persona is a man who is loyal and looks after his family. Hayden Winstead is beautiful, rich and aloof. She manages to keep most everyone at bay with a cool demeanor making her seem very shallow and egocentric. Similar to Brent, Hayden has many layers to her and what you see is not really what is deeply hidden behind the cold façade. Perceptions can often be deceiving and the pair are about to find that out firsthand. Despite the fact that Brent and Hayden have nothing In common, they are often around one another due to the fact that their best friends are happily in love. Well, doesn’t that just suck?

description

Brent and Hayden do not exactly get along. They are like oil and water. Actually, let me rephrase that. Brent and Hayden are more like lighter fluid and fire. When the pair are around one another it is nothing but heated, hate-filled glances and a heck of a lot of smoldering tension. They both have to tolerate each other for the sake of their friends, Daniel and Story, but that does not stop them from unleashing their contempt and often exchanging insults. When the fighting and clashing between Hayden and Brent leads to some explosive sexy times between the sheets, it becomes hard for them to continue to ignore the deep-rooted lust they seem to have for one another. Can Hayden and Brent somehow merge their two worlds and take a chance at a happy forever with one another?

I will note that this book is sizzling hot. After all, it is written by Tessa Bailey. She definitely has a gift when it comes to conjuring up these alpha men with dirty dirty dirty dirty mouths. Seriously, these men make dirty-talking seem like an Olympic event. They are that gifted. Brent was no exception to the rule.

“I’m a big man, Hayden, and I fuck twice as long, and twice as hard. You’ll get used to it. And then you won’t be able to stand in the same room as me without wanting a ride.”

"Spread your thighs wide for me. I’m gonna fuck you until my next thrust is the only thing keeping you sane."

"I’m going to cram your tight pussy full over and over again,” he growled. “I’m going to fuck you until your ears ring. I’m going to bite you hard. Mark you. Ruin you.”

Get the picture?

Holy hotness! Damn!

All in all, Asking for Trouble was another great read from Tessa Bailey. I will admit that while I did enjoy this book, it was my least favorite in the series thus far. As much as I loved the deliciously dirty Brent, Hayden’s character fell a little short for me. And, to be honest, I am not sure I can truly pinpoint why. I just did not seem to like her as much as the previous female leads from the other books. Perhaps it was because I had a hard time swallowing the whole “forced marriage for the sake of the family” thing. Further, I wanted to see her do some groveling and not just leaving that all up to Brent. They both made mistakes and threw a lot of hard-hitting insults at one another. She should have also asked for forgiveness. Don’t let any of this turn you off from picking up this book or this series. I am definitely a fan of Tessa Bailey and will be reading anything she writes. Despite my issues with Hayden, this book is still filled with Bailey’s signature hilarious dialogue, amazing men who have you leaving drool puddles and some smoldering hot smexy scenes. I am already looking forward to the next book in the series. It will surely not disappoint!