LisaP

LisaP

Storm - Review

Storm - Nina  Levine

description

Storm by Nina Levine is book one in her Storm MC series. This book takes us into the world of yet another biker club who walk the line between good and bad. A heroine who is thrust back into the life that she ran away from two years ago comes face to face with the one man who left her shattered. Will they come through unscathed when the storm passes?

description

Madison Cole grew up around the Storm MC. With her father acting as the President of the club and her brother eventually becoming the Vice President, a life surrounded by bikers was all Madison knew. When events took place that rocked her world, Madison walked away from the club and the only man that had ever held her heart. With a broken heart and shattered existence, Madison finally began to work on herself, pick up the pieces and rebuild her life. Now, two years later, her father and brother want her close due to some threatening danger and they send the one man Madison never wanted to see again to come and persuade her to come home. Can Madison hold it together or will all that she has worked so hard to reconstruct be demolished by his presence?

description

Jason Reilly lives for his MC family. He knows and understands the life and acknowledges that sacrifices must be made at times for the sake of the club. When he had to give up the only woman he has ever loved two years ago, Jason realized the true extent of what sacrificing meant. He has lived an empty life the last couple years never completely getting over Madison. Now his President and Vice President are sending him to safely bring her back into the confines of the MC compound. Jason struggles with this. While he wants Madison safe, he knows that seeing her again will resurface all the emotions that he has unsuccessfully been unable to relinquish when it comes to her.

When the pair finally come face to face again, they both realize that their connection is as strong and fierce as ever. Can Jason and Madison come to terms with the past that tore them apart in the first place? In the face of existing danger, can they rekindle what was once a burning and passionate love?

I did enjoy this book but I will admit that there was nothing about it that made it stand out for me. I am a lover of all things biker and will jump at the chance to read any book about an MC club. I am sad to report that Storm fell a little short for me in its execution. I disliked the heroine right from the start and never truly warmed up to her. While I did understand her issues with her father’s club stemming from the one incident that changed everything, I never quite understood her reactions to what happened and then how she proceeded to deal with it. This is a girl who grew up around bikers and should have been accustomed to their way of life and the way things were done. Also, her constant insistence in always wanting to know what was going on with the club despite knowing that club business was not something shared with the women got a little tiring and redundant. I, however, did like Jason and while he did possess the characteristic domineering and possessive traits, he definitely had a sweet spot for Madison. Again, I did like Jason but because I found the plot lacking, I had a hard time truly getting invested in the characters or developing any real emotions for them.

All in all, Storm turned out to be a mediocre read for me. It was fast paced and entertaining but never really seized and took hold of any real and in-depth emotions from me as a reader. Matters moved along very quickly and I was not given the chance to feel and get caught up in the story. This is just my opinion. I know that many will read this book and absolutely love it. Jason is a sexy hero worth reading about. Will I read the next book in the series? I think so. This author did a good job presenting some intriguing secondary characters who I would love to get to know more.

*A copy of Storm by Nina Levine was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review.