LisaP

LisaP

MArked - Review

Marked. Part I: The missing Link - J.M. Sevilla

*This is going to be a spoiler free review. If you plan on reading this book, do yourself a favor and try and avoid any spoilers. This is a book you read and just hang on for the ride never knowing where it will take you. Trust me on this. Do not look for spoilers.

description

Marked. Part 1: The Missing Link is the first book in J.M. Sevilla’s Marked series. Starting a book by an unknown author is sometimes like a game of chance. You never know if you will walk away breathing easy and on an absolute high or if you will be pushed into the land of the abysmally awful. For me, this author truly hit the bull’s eye of awesomeness. I loved this book! Packed full with intense and edge-of-your-seat moments, hot and sweaty sexy times, and a swoony romance; I was literally enthralled from the start straight through to the finish line.

What happens when two individuals from entirely different worlds meet and develop a deeply profound connection? Can their bond be enough? Can their worlds merge or is it simply a dangerous disaster in the making?

description

Lily Evans is back home living with her mother and two younger brothers after ending a disastrous two year relationship with her ex. She hates how she became a very different girl during her lengthy relationship and now somehow finds herself at a crossroads not really knowing what direction she wants her life to take. During the holiday season, Lily is forced by her too friendly and nosey mother to go and invite the reclusive neighbour across the street over for Christmas dinner. What she encounters is a dangerously sexy and scarred man who rapidly sends her on her way with his frightening tactics, evil glares and rough demeanor. Lily knows she should be scared and stay away, at least this is what the logical part of her brain is telling her. So why can’t she stop thinking about the captivating stranger?

Fate has other plans for Lily as she ends up crossing paths with her mysterious neighbour, Jay Lincoln, once again. The pair develop a tentative relationship despite Jay’s hot and cold messages he keeps giving off towards Lily. Even though Jay seems to be keeping deep and dark secrets and attempting to keep Lily at arm’s length, Lily can’t help but see past his stoic and hard edges. She catches glimpses of a gentleness and a sweetness that call to her. At the same time, Jay is finding it hard to keep all his carefully guarded walls up around Lily. He has never met anyone that sees him in the same light that Lily sees him. He wants her desperately even though he knows she can be in danger because of it.

description

Despite Jay’s efforts to keep Lily from his dark and violent world, she gets caught up in it nonetheless. Suddenly Lily is thrust into extremely dangerous situations and slowly discovers that Jay’s life is all about brutal ferociousness, violent confrontations, lies and deceit. But even surrounded by lethal viciousness, the relationship between the pair turns into something even deeper and more meaningful. More importantly, we see Lily grow into something beautiful. The meek and despondent woman she was when she ended things with her ex-boyfriend no longer exists. Instead, a strong and courageous lioness has emerged and she is not willing to let go of what she shares with Jay. Can Jay and Lily survive when everything seems to come up against them? Can Jay walk away from the only life he knows and understands?

“Damn baby, I don’t know whether to fuck you or spank you,” he mutters, staring down at our lips that are faintly touching.

“Yes to the first,” I pant out, breathing getting heavy from wanting this man, “and you spank, I spank.”

I must mention that this book is hot. As in...H.A.W.T. As in make your panties disappear sizzling hot. Get me? J.M. Sevilla, you sure do know how to make hearts flutter and clothes disappear. Damn! I think this author does a wonderful job interweaving the erotic and the intense heart-pounding moments. Well done.

All in all, Marked. Part 1: The Missing Link is one hell of a start to this series. The book does end leaving more of the story to tell. It is not a horrible cliff-hanger where you want to hunt down J.M. Sevilla and threaten her at knife point to write faster but the story has not come to an end by any means. I am so ecstatic that I took a chance on this book. It was gripping and had me by the balls (well, maybe not balls…metaphors people....metaphors!) up until the very end. I will be anxiously awaiting the next book in the series. I am sure there is so much more excitement to come!

description

You can read my full review and an excerpt over at Sinfully Sexy and enter the competition to win one of five ebook copies of Marked Part 1: The Missing Link.

***A copy of Marked. Part I was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review.