LisaP

LisaP

Beneath the Beauty - Review

Beneath the Beauty - Skye Warren

description

Beneath the Beauty is book two in Skye Warren's Beauty series and it continues with the story of Professor Blake Morris and Erin Raider. In the first book we see Erin, a beautiful young woman, and Blake, a horribly scarred man, give into their desires. It soon is apparent that their deep connection is much more than passion and sex. This second installment picks up approximately two weeks after book one ends. Blake and Erin have completely indulged themselves in each other taking pleasure to new heights. Both of them want so much more from the relationship but their fears prevent them from divulging too much, too soon. In an attempt to be a man more worthy of someone like Erin, Blake takes on a position at the university finally leaving the safety of his home. He can no longer hide from the world but Erin is with him every step of the way. As we get to know the pair a little better in this book we are also introduced to new characters and some threats to the happiness that Blake and Erin are desperately trying to hang on to. Can this fragile relationship survive the challenges that are to come?

I really enjoyed this second installment to this series. We find out more about Blake and Erin's past and get to know them on a more personal level. We also get to see just how deeply Erin and Blake have come to care for one another. Blake is so tortured by his inner demons and Erin seems to be a soothing balm for his soul. He still does not understand how someone as amazing as Erin could possibly want someone like him but Blake is not willing to let her go. He is in way too deep. Erin is just as emotionally invested and as her past hurts are revealed we see how insecure she is. They both have so much love to offer the other. Will that be enough?

Beneath the Beauty left me wanting to pick up the third book immediately. For a series where the books are very short, I am truly enjoying it. It takes a pretty darn great author to write essentially what can be deemed as a short story and have me be so invested in the characters. Moving on to the next....

description