LisaP

LisaP

Truth - Review

Truth  - Aleatha Romig

**Please bear with me. This review might just end up being a bunch of rambling. My brain has just been thoroughly screwed and I am unsure if I am capable of any coherent thought processes. I am also going to try and write a review without any spoilers. Both Consequences and Truth deserve to be read with no preconceptions or hints as to what is going to happen. Thank you.

These were my thoughts for the majority of the book:

I am now convinced that this is the inspiration behind Aleatha Romig’s character, Anthony Rawlings:

description

Yes, Anthony Rawlings is satan! Think about it. He is evil. He is sinister. He likes to control. He plays with your mind. His morality is an illusion. He’s magnetic. I can go on and on people.

Yup, there is no changing my mind.... Anthony Rawlings is the devil. Um.....maybe.....can my mind be changed???? Gah! This is why I am so messed up! THIS IS WHY I WILL NOW NEED HOURS OF THERAPY! I WILL SEND YOU THE BILL MS. ROMIG!

Then..... then.... there is Claire Nichols. As if Anthony is not enough to totally mess with my senses, Ms. Romig gives us Claire. Aleatha Romig must have been thinking about this guy when generating Ms. Nichols:

description

SHE IS DUMB PEOPLE! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!

I thought Claire frustrated me in the first book...no, no, no...she took the cake in Truth. I was prepared for a new Claire in Truth. I was prepared for a Claire that would fight back and have Anthony begging for mercy. Why did I think this? Ms. Romig previously managed to throw so many twists and turns at me that I should not have been surprised that this book was no different. Geez! Maybe I am the dumb one!

Tony looked perplexed, “It was the only way to save you.”

Claire tried to comprehend his words, “I have no idea what you’re saying. Save me, from what?”

Tony looked down, his tired eyes suddenly dark and gloomy and his voice flat with restrained emotion, “Me.”

THEN....then, Ms.Romig did the impossible. She started to make me see things in a different light. I am still confused. I am still frustrated. I am still in need of a lot of therapy. HOWEVER, I am not so sure about my first conclusions regarding Claire and Anthony.

“This is why I haven’t answered all of your questions. You may think you’re ready for answers, but you’re not. Bits and pieces may help you understand. But, the blatant truth is too much.”

Coming out of reading Consequences and kind of knowing what an Aleatha Romig book is like, I knew that I was likely going to get something that I was not expecting with Truth. I was right. While Consequences was an amazing and mind blowing read, Truth was utter brilliance! Anthony and Claire’s relationship becomes even more complicated as “truths” are revealed and new characters are added into the equation. There are so many twists and turns in this book that by the end some of your questions will be answered but you will also have a million new ones. Seriously, you couldn’t even blink while reading fearing that you will miss an important clue. I guess that is the fun (or possibly the mind numbing torment) of reading both Consequences and Truth.

Who can truly say if good done for the wrong reason was still good?

In Truth, Claire takes on the painstaking task of rebuilding her life. While doing this, she uncovers certain “truths” that give a whole new meaning to Anthony, his past, his motives, etc. Are the discoveries she is making worth her life or the lives of her loved ones? Aleatha Romig taught us in Consequences that not all is what it seems to be in the world of Mr. Anthony Rawlings. She truly solidifies this idea in Truth. Our perception of what is, is not always the reality. What an absolute mindfrak!

Both Consequences and Truth are mind blowing reads. This is thought-provoking and awe-inspiring literature at its best! I am anticipating the final book, Convicted, like my kids anticipate Christmas. It can not come soon enough. I’m trying not to think about the long wait! If I do, I feel like breaking things.

description

You’re memory is a monster; you forget – it doesn’t. It simply files things away. It keeps things for you, or hides things from you – and summons them to your recall with a will of it’s own. You think you have a memory; but it has you! – John Irving