LisaP

LisaP

This Man Confessed - Review

This Man Confessed  - Jodi Ellen Malpas

*This review is completely spoiler free. I truly believe that you have to enjoy this series without any preconceptions or hints as to what will occur. You need to experience Jesse and Ava in all their crazy glory for yourself.*

We're still here
What a beautiful mess this is
It's like taking a guess when the only answer is "Yes"

Through timeless words and priceless pictures
We'll fly like birds not of this earth

And tides ‒ they turn ‒ and hearts disfigure
But that's no concern when we're wounded together

And we tore our dresses and stained our shirts
But it's nice today. Oh, the wait was so worth it.

A Beautiful Mess, Jason Mraz

description

Yes. I am mentally exhausted. What a crazy, messed up, and arduous ride this trilogy has been. Seriously, This Man Confessed was utter:

description

Mr. Jesse Ward is back in all his glory. Nothing has changed. He is demanding. He is bossy. He is impossible. Yet, I still found myself drawn to and swooning over this neurotic and challenging man. In all of Jesse’s crazy intensity, he is still the vulnerable man that is overwhelmed by his devotion to Ava which in turn causes extreme bouts of possessive behavior. I love how completely lost Jesse is for Ava. His love and devotion is beautiful and had me swooning numerous times.

One thing I have determined about The Lord of the Manor is that:

description

Ava challenged me in this book. I have never disliked her in the two previous books but I found myself wanting to bitch slap her a couple of times in this book. I forgave her though. Who wouldn’t be driven to madness and booze by Jesse. Gah! That man can try the patience of a saint. Ava never waivers in her love for her Lord though. She is just as hopelessly devoted as Jesse is. The pair are meant for one another.

For me, Jesse and Ava are an incredibly beautiful and messy love story. Yes, they are insane but in their insanity we see how completely and wholeheartedly in love they truly are. All the intensity is simply them. They accept one another despite their flaws and all the difficulties that come forth. This Man Confessed is not without the shock and awe that we also experience in the two prior books. Frankly, it would not be the same without the outrageousness that is Jesse (and Ava). Jesse and Ava come full circle and all is revealed in this conclusion to the trilogy. The pair have many hurdles to overcome, both from the past and the present. This does not change the fact that Ava is Jesse’s everything. They both fight for their happy ending – most of the time it is fighting with one another. One thing is certain, this book will have you on the edge of your seat as Ms. Malpas brings this stunning trilogy to it conclusion. Just hang on for the ride.

Once again, Ms. Malpas provides an amazing book which is intricately written and full of twists and turns. There is much love expressed that had my heart pitter-pattering, there were moments that brought on the tears and there were moments that had me literally laughing out loud. After all, how can this book not be filled with humorous moments when:

Right?????

All in all, I am saddened to see this trilogy come to an end. Jesse and Ava will always have a special place in my heart and so will this trilogy of books. I loved every crazy and wild second of each book. If you are not from the planet Earth and have yet to read these books, you need to get on it. You will be exasperated. You will be frustrated. You will be shocked. You will love. You will hate. But, most importantly, you will EXPERIENCE a set of books that are truly magical and memorable.

End. Of.