LisaP

LisaP

Love Thy Neighbour - Review

Love Thy Neighbour  - Belle Aurora

“I’m so happy I could shit rainbows!”

description

THAT IS HOW YOU WRITE A FUNNY ROMANTIC NOVEL MY FRIENDS!

After reading Friend-zoned, I was beyond “shitting rainbows of excitement” for the following book in the series. Knowing that it was about Ghost made me anticipate this book with a greater compulsion. All I can say is that Belle Aurora did not disappoint. I giggled. I laughed. My heart melted. My panties exploded. And, most importantly, I was thoroughly entertained. LOVE!!!!

description

This book is about Asher “Ghost” Collins and Natalia Kovac. We meet them both in book one in the series. Ghost and Nat have dueling personalities that constantly clash. Both have strong personalities and both have a lot of attitude.

Ghost is a strong, domineering, abrupt, speaks only when necessary, broody male.

We all want to tame the wild beast. And Ghost is as wild as a man comes. He’s unpredictable, broody and emotionless. He may as well be a wild animal.

description

Did I mention he is sexy as hell??????

Nat is the type of girl who hides behind her strong persona. Some say bitch. Others say assertive.

I’m not what you would call a ‘nice person’. I tolerate people on the best of days.

description

Nat and Ghost have had one steamy night. One. It was hot. It was memorable. It caused the pair to then avoid each other like the bubonic plague. With the exception of Nik and Tina, no one from their group of friends knows about the steamy lapse in judgment. To their friends, Ghost and Nat are two polar opposites who are unable get along. Love Thy Neighbor picks up months after where Friend-zoned ended. Ghost and Nat may share the same circle of friends but they definitely stay out of each other’s way.

Quite some time after their passionate night, Nat finds herself with a new neighbor. You guessed it.....Ghost. She unknowingly moves in right next door to him. Soon after Nat moves in, the pair decide to put an end their quibbling and agree to be friends. As their friendship progresses, Ghost and Nat realize that the burning attraction that brought them together in the first place for that one sizzling night is still simmering. Actually, it is full out boiling now. They soon begin to heat things up between the sheets but decide to keep their relationship a secret from their friends. Neither one is willing to risk exposing their relationship. After all, it is purely sexual. Isn’t it????

The man is insufferable. A total dickhead. No manners what-so-ever. None. So why can’t you stop thinking about his winkie?

God. I suck.

“I think you just giggled,” he smirks, thoroughly amused.

Shaking my head, I lie. “No, it wasn’t. I don’t giggle. It was gas.”

I really like his kisses. They make my hoo-hah quiver with delight.

My little ball of fire. She really is.

I loved Nat. This surprised me. She came across as really antagonistic in the first book and I was unsure as to whether I would like her as the main heroine. Ms. Aurora proved me wrong. Underneath the tough exterior was a girl with a soft heart. Nat is confident and strong but she also feels deeply. She loves her family and friends and is definitely someone you can rely on. I loved seeing Nat’s vulnerabilities emerge. We get to see past her harsh exterior and discover that she really is a funny goofball who can be sweet to those she trusts and lets in. She falls hard for Ghost and is truly there for him.

I’m not religious at all. I don’t believe in God. But looking at Nat right now....I’d like to think this is what angels look like if they existed.

This girl. She’s my girl. She’s not perfect. Neither am I. But she’s perfect for me, and I’ll do anything I can to keep her.

“Didn’t know it was possible for someone to feel like this.”

Her hand rests on my scarred chest and she asks quietly, “Like what?”

I breathe deep and reply on my exhale, “Happy. Just...happy.”

Ghost intrigued me right from the start of book one. He had this mysterious aura to him that just made me even more titillated. He definitely has sexy badass down with a dangerous edge to him. We find out so much more about him in this book, about the life he had prior to meeting Nik and his family. Ghost has had an incredibly tragic upbringing and if it was not for Nik and Max and their family, he likely would be dead or in jail by now. Ghost has wanted Nat right from his first introduction to her. After their one night he was hurt when Nat pretended nothing happened. Ghost has never had anything he wanted. Nat is the girl of his dreams that he desperately wants but feels he does not deserve. How can a man with his past and scars be enough for a spit-fire like Nat?

One side of his mouth quirks up, he lowers his forehead to mine and he quotes me, “You and me. We’re the same kind.”

“You’re not invisible to me, Ghost.”

“Say it.”

Confused, I pull back further and look into his hooded eyes. He repeats, “Say it, baby.”

It dawns on me and with a small smile, I tell him sincerely, “I love you, Asher Collins.”

Looking pained, he closes his eyes and rests his forehead on mine. He whispers, “Don’t deserve you. Not even a bit. But as long as you want me, you got me.”

My eyes close and I whisper, “Don’t leave me. Ever.”

“Never. You’re my girl,” he replies seriously.

Tina leans forward and asks quietly, “Do you? You know? Love her?”

Squeezing Nat’s knee again, I reply, “She’s teachin’ me how.”

“You really love me, don’t you, pretty girl.”

Holding a hand over his on my cheek, I whisper, “More than life.”

As things develop between Nat and Ghost, they begin to realize that they simply get one another. Ghost has some deep rooted issues that come to light. Beyond his dangerous façade, Nat sees a good man who had a rough start in life. He has been molded by his circumstances and is paying a high price for what he suffered through. Nat is this beacon of light for Ghost. She does not put up with his shit, accepts him and sees beyond his brokenness. The journey that Ghost takes in order to be accept that he is the man for Nat and can make her happy is a touching and emotional one. The true Asher emerges rather than Ghost and we discover that he is every bit as much as of a goofball as Nat is. Beyond the pain and hurt is this man who is passionate, caring, protective and amazingly tender. Everything Nat needs.

All in all, Love Thy Neighbor is another winner of a book by Belle Aurora. I absolutely am loving this series. If you have yet to read the two books in this series, do this to yourself:

description

Once you are done, BUY. THESE. BOOKS. You will not be sorry. Belle Aurora provides a perfect mix of hilarious dialogue and antics with a tenderhearted romance. So awesome. Worth reading. Do it. Now.