LisaP

LisaP

Friend-Zoned - Review

Friend-Zoned - Belle Aurora

“So we can be friends, right?”

Wait, what?

I stare at her, a frown forming at my mouth.

Did I…? Did I just get Friend-zoned?

I look over again to see Tina nodding vigorously and smiling brightly.

Wow, this has never happened to me before.

Friend-zoned by Belle Aurora is a funny, charming, sweet, romantic, steamy book with an array of wonderful characters and a delightful HEA.

Nikolai Leokov:

Angels must have broken out in song when this man was born. I feel like breaking out in song. He is so handsome.

description

Nik is the owner of The White Rabbit, an “Alice in Wonderland” themed nightclub. This man has it all: looks, wealth, great friends and a great family. Nik does not really see himself as the relationship type. He doesn’t really date and is up front and honest with the women he chooses to have sex with. They play by his rules or they can move on. No kissing, no real intimacy and when he is done.... he is done. Did I mention that this guy can be ruthless?????

Valentina Tomic:

Never met anyone like her in my life. So giving with her heart. I’ll do anything to protect that heart. I want it to be mine to protect.

description

Tina is the owner of Safira Clothing Store which is located across the street from The White Rabbit. She moved from California to New York a couple of years prior after losing both her mother and young daughter in a tragic car accident and is making a life for herself in the city. She has a few great friends who she employs but keeps herself at a safe distance from the male species. She has been hurt in the past, very deeply, and she does not think she can survive any more heartbreak.

"Smile sometime, handsome.”

Tina has noticed the beautiful man that comes out from The White Rabbit for smoke breaks on numerous occasions. After all, she is working and can see across the street right from her store. This is the reason she notices him....right????? No other reason at all. It especially has nothing to do with the fact that he is devastatingly handsome. Nope, it doesn’t. Tina observes that Mr. Beautiful is usually very serious and really never smiles. One day she decides to take matters into her own hands and sends him some candy (wax lips) with a little note. When she finds herself facing her handsome crush a little while later in his office, she really has no idea what to do.

I want to do a good job and make sure she’s hugged out so she doesn’t need to get ‘em from anyone else. I want to be the only one who gets her affection.

God, I’m turning into a pussy.

When Nik receives candy as a gift and discovers it is from one of the girls who works in the store across from his club he is immediately suspicious. This isn’t his first carnival and he has been dealing with female tactics to get his attention for quite some time. He sends for her to determine exactly what her motives are; however, when he meets the woman he is taken aback at how genuine, quirky and cute she is. Then the one thing occurs that he would never have guessed....he gets friend-zoned. That’s right! Tina offers him nothing more than her friendship. Well, what do you know????

“You and me, Tina. It’s gonna happen.” I gasp softly. He smiles and continues on a whisper, “Mark my words, baby.”

Tina and Nik assume a very platonic friendship at first. They spend some time together and their friends all become friends. As their friendship grows and their lives become more intermingled, the pair finds themselves having deeper feelings for one another. At first, both Nik and Tina do everything they can to hide their true feelings and deep desires and continue with their friendship as if nothing is wrong. The façade does not continue for long and when the couple shares a passionate kiss one night, all things come to a forefront. It takes a while for the two to enter into a lovers’ relationship; but, once they do it ends up being very sweet, funny and heart-warming.

“I thought I needed a woman like you. Turns out I just needed you.”

She whispers, “I need you.”

I lift my head and flash her the dimple. I say, “You got me, baby. You’re my heart.”

Nik and Tina together were very genuine and sweet. I loved it. I truly loved the fact that the author took her time with this relationship and it was not insta-love/lust scenario. The two may have been attracted to one another but it was their growing friendship that brought about true feelings. Both Nik and Tina have some demons to overcome in order for their relationship to work. You mix that in with a colourful cast of crazy friends, deranged psychos and gang leaders....well, you have a winner of a book in my opinion.

“I’d rather shit on my hands and clap.”

This book is full of hilarious antics and funny dialogue. I loved every character and am looking forward to future books that will highlight each character. Ms. Aurora does a great job depicting the close friendships. I seriously wanted to be friends with all the characters. They were all likable and easy to relate to. I fully admit that some of the dialogue bordered on the cheesy side but it was not enough for me to even be bothered by it. Don’t we all need a little cheese from time to time? There were some touching moments that made my heart-wretch like moments with Max and CeeCee and learning what Tina went through was definitely hard on the heart. I simply loved the fact that this book was a great assortment of tender and funny with quite a few hot and steamy moments.

All in all, Friend-Zoned is a light and fun read. It is one of those books that will keep you smiling and also tug at the heart-strings. It had a little bit of everything and I was thoroughly entertained. I am very much looking forward to further books in those series.

“You’re it. The one. The start. The finish. You are how my story ends.”

description

“Tina, the best thing you ever did was Friend-zone me.”