LisaP

LisaP

Forever and a Day - Review

Forever and a Day  - Jill Shalvis

“There are four basic food groups: plain chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate.”

Can’t argue with that! I also acknowledge that the above quote is one of the many reasons that I have come to love Jill Shalvis and the Lucky Harbor series. The books are fun, quirky, witty and flat out fun! It is hard to pick a favourite from the series; however, Forever and a Day definitely ranks up there as one of my favorites in this fabulous series!

Dr. Joshua Scott (a.k.a. Dr. McHottie) is an ER doctor also trying to keep up with his late father’s medical practice. He is one hell of a doctor and sexy to boot - someone who is swiftly being buried alive by his numerous responsibilities. Our hero is a caretaker with a huge and generous heart. If this does not make him drool-worthy enough, he has also taken on the responsibility of a sister in a wheelchair and he has a five year old son. It’s easy to see why Grace falls for him. Our resident town Dr. McHottie simply needs to let go and accept help in carrying the load so that he can truly live and love as he and his family deserve. Right, easier said than done! HOWEVER, this is why our heroine, Grace, is his perfect match. She is smart, funny and willing to please (wink, wink) AND she can hold her own against our stubborn alpha hero. The chemistry between Josh and Grace was HAWT and the love story interwoven with that heat is what truly makes the book memorable.

I loved Grace! Losing her job and winding up in Lucky Harbor is the best thing that could have happened to her. I loved the journey that she takes in this book as she truly discovers what it is she loves to do and where she wants to be. Both Grace and Josh finally come to the realization that they need to stop living their lives for others and start living it for themselves.

One of my favourite things about Forever and a Day is Josh’s family – yes, I even liked Anna! I loved how Grace and Toby took to each other and how she was able to bring him out of his shell a little. Definitely heart-warming! Who wouldn't love a five year old little man constantly talking "puppy" (arf! arf!).

I have thoroughly enjoyed all the books in this series so far and I hope that this is not the last of the Lucky Harbor residents we see. If you have not read this series – seriously, what the heck are you waiting for?????

I will end with some of my favourite quotes:

“Ty pointed his beer at Josh. "Want to know what I think?"

"No," Josh said.

"I think you have a case of being a little girl. Maybe you should prescribe yourself a heavy dose of man-the-fuck-up.”

***********

“You said you'd kiss me if I lost Tank."
---
"You want me to kiss you?"

Oh boy. "You were happy I'd lost your puppy?"

He was looking like he was still thinking about smiling as he glanced down at Tank, tucked under his arm. "No. That would make me an asshole."

Right...”