LisaP

LisaP

More Than Words - Review

More than Words - Karla Doyle

description

More Than Words is my first Karla Doyle book. Throughout the entirety of this read I kept thinking why the heck have I not known about this author prior to this???? She's Canadian for goodness sakes! From my homeland!!! I should be supporting her!!! Ok, rant done. Moving on. This book was full of witty banter, scorching sex and two characters who find love when they least expected it.

description

Calli Yates is an independent, thirty-one year old woman and entrepreneur who owns her own romance store called Romance U. She is successful, sweet, caring, funny and witty. So, why is she home on a Saturday night about to log on to play online Scrabble? A terrifying event in her life has essentially paralyzed Calli with fear. Therefore, instead of doing what normal women do on a Saturday night, Calli is safely tucked away in the confines of her apartment not wanting to venture out into the dark.

description

Travis Graham is a thirty-two year old, aspiring musician who forms part of a small time band called The Black Box. While music is most definitely his passion, Travis finds himself tiring of the rock and roll lifestyle which is chalk full of meaningless sexual encounters that only serves to get him off. He wants something more but is unsure if he can change his douche-bag ways and be the right man for that special woman. Prior to a show one evening, Travis decides to kill some time playing online Scrabble. Who knew that he would find exactly what he was looking for playing an online game.

description

Calli and Travis meet one night while playing online Scrabble together. Travis becomes more than intrigued when the vixen on the other side of the screen proves she is as good with words as she is with flirtatious banter. He decides that he needs to meet the woman who calls herself C Ya. After doing a little stalking investigating based on the clues that C Ya gave him during their Scrabble game, Travis appears at Romance U hell bent on meeting the mystery woman. When a couple misunderstanding are finally out of the way, Travis and Calli come face to face.The pair hit it off and slowly give things a go. Can Calli's tragic past be overcome in order for her to actually be in a real, lasting relationship? Is Travis capable of changing his playboy ways for Calli?

Despite their personal hang-ups there was no denying the sizzling chemistry between Calli and Travis. And...holy hell...things got H.A.W.T.

description

Things were definitely a blazing when it came to the time between the sheets. Ms. Doyle can certainly write hot and steamy, and write it well. The sex was essentially wonderfully delicious between Calli and Travis because there was more to their relationship. Having them attempting to move past all their personal hang-ups to hang on to what they were sharing was what kept me reading. The path to their HEA was not without a few stupid mistakes, but I couldn't help but root for the two of them.

All in all, More Than Words was a fun, incredibly witty and sexy read. Will I be reading more from Karla Doyle? Heck yeah!!!! I am officially a fan-girl!