LisaP

LisaP

Fight With Me - Review

Fight with Me - Kristen Proby
Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

I Won’t Give Up, Jason Mraz

description

Fight With Me is the second book in the Seattle series by Kristen Proby and it is the love story of Jules and Nate. I gotta say that while I enjoyed the first book, this one blew me away. I loved it! There is essentially one reason, and one reason only, that I accredit my love for Fight With Me to and that is Nate McKenna! Holy hell, this man is sex on a stick.

description

I need to kiss whomever invented the apadravya. A lot.

Long inky black hair, tattoos, gray eyes, ex-UFC fighter, a piercing, now a senior partner in a law firm.... um.... YUM!

*I shall not obsess any longer about Nate.*

If I keep repeating this, do you think it will work?

We met Jules in Come Away With Me, book one in the series, as Natalie’s roommate and best friend. Jules comes off as a feisty and independent woman who lives her life for her and takes what she wants. Nate is Jules’ boss and he is someone that ignites every cell in her body and sets her on fire. The problem is that the law firm both Nate and Jules work for has a strict no fraternization policy. Nate and Jules have one incredible night of passion which scares Jules. Unwilling to deal with the regret over the incredible night, Jules ends up sneaking off while Nate is asleep and then ignores him in the following weeks until he stops trying to talk to her about that one night. For eight months Jules and Nate have managed to keep it strictly professional pretending that nothing ever happened between them. They see each other at work and never allude to the one night that continuously haunts both of them.

“You are mine, do you understand? No matter what happens. You. Are. Mine.”

Nate becomes sick and tired of not having what he wants and he wants Jules. He decides to take matters into his own hands and has Jules come into his office one day. There he makes her an irresistible offer. Nate asks Jules to spend the entire weekend with him, with no strings attached, in order for them to get to know one another better. Jules does not have enough strength in her to turn Nate down. So ensues the beginning of their secret and steamy romance.

Fight With Me is one hot hot hot book. Holy cheese on a cracker! Nate and Jules set off fireworks. Their chemistry and passion for one another was enough to set my kindle a flaming! Nate pursues Jules with a relentless determination. She made her mark on his soul when they spent that one night together and now he is going after what he desires. Jules is simply powerless against Nates’ seductive ways and begins falling for this strong, powerful and determined man. Nate wants nothing more than to make Jules happy and sets out to prove this with his protectiveness, his gentle loving, his primal desire for her and by making her feel safe. Did I not say that he is the perfect male specimen!

“No one hurts me, Julianne. No one. I don’t give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of me. That’s what got me through fighting, and it’s what’s gotten me to where I am now. And them you come into my life, and you just blindsided me. I am so fucking wrapped up in you I can’t see straight.”

*****

“I’m a badass, but there are times that I need someone to hold me up too, and I didn’t know until I found you that that doesn’t make me weak, it means that I’ve found my partner.”

Jules and Nate were simply perfect for one another. She has always been an extremely independent and strong woman. Nate does not set out to change this in Jules. Instead, he protects her while giving her the space to be herself, be self-sufficient and to flourish. Jules opens her heart and lets Nate in. She has never been one to allow a man into her heart, but Nate has cracked through her emotional barriers and won her heart. These two come together, and for all the romance lovers out there, it’s simply magic and so very sigh-worthy.

Fight With Me is a must read for every romantic soul. It is heart-warming, full of swoony moments and a whole lot of sizzling scenes that will light your panties on fire. Kristen Proby has definitely provided her readers with a tender romance that will leave a smile on your face. Love it!

description

“Don’t worry,” he whispers. “I wasn’t kidding when I said you’re mine. I will protect you with everything I have, baby.”

“Ditto,” I whisper.