LisaP

LisaP

Motorcycle Man Review

Motorcycle Man  - Kristen Ashley

I’m actually super sad right now knowing that this series has come to an end. I suppose all good things must end. The bright side – KA writes a hell of a lot of books and I can always do re-reads.

So, moving on with the review...

I loved Tyra. She is beautiful, smart, sassy and she is also sweet and vulnerable. She was not exactly the type of woman I would think would end up with a badass biker. Truthfully, I found her kinda dorky.

Exhibit "A"

“Uh… you pledged your troth to me, Tack. It’s not like you don’t know I get feisty.”

“I pledged my troth,” Tack repeated.

“Yeah.”

“You just said I pledged my troth.”

“Yes, that’s what I just said.”

“What’s a troth?”

“I don’t know, I just know you pledged it.”

Exhibit "B"

“We’ve hit the hot guy motherlode.”

See what I mean! LOL. Despite all this, as the story reveals itself, you see just how perfect she is for Tack. She walks into his life, take him on, takes his kids on and never leaves. And, trust me, she tries to leave.... all the freakin time! :)

I’ve loved Tack since we were introduced to him in Mystery Man. To be honest, his crudeness and the way he treated Tyra at the beginning was a little hard to take; but, he found redemption and absolution in my eyes. Even though we get what we see with Tack, a straight up kick-ass motorcycle dude, there is this vulnerability to him. Tyra took some time to see this but once she does, she falls even harder for him and doesn’t let go. She sees who Tack truly is and who he wants to become. Tack and Tyra together were fun, steamy, and just pure fire. I loved it.

Some of the stuff that came out of Tack’s mouth was a little hard to swallow. However, when he talked sweet.... he TALKED sweet. Some of my favorite lines:

"You may not know this baby, but some men have dream women too."

“That movie you made me watch, first time at your house. Love and redemption. You said, ‘the most beautiful stories ever told are the most difficult to take’. You said that, Red. Right out. And I knew if you got that, when it was later and I shared my shit with you, you’d get me. I never thought my story was beautiful. I thought it was shit. But you said that and when you did, I saw it. The ride is not over but if I can keep my Club together and find a sweet, feisty woman who’s got my back and enough to her that she’ll stay there, holding me up not dragging me down, I figure I’d find my way to beauty eventually. And I’d find absolution because I’d know, I earned the love of that woman, a woman who’s got so much to her it’ll take years to dig down and find the heart of her, that would be my reward.”

Motorcycle Man is the end of the Dream Man series but just the beginning into the Chaos world. Let’s just say I am giddy like a school girl in my anticipation of the Chaos series. Hell to the yes!

Re-Reads: December 2012 and April 7, 2013