LisaP

LisaP

Law Man Review

Law Man  - Kristen Ashley

Sigh!

What a great, amazing, awesome, wonderful, beautiful….. book!!!!!

I am positively in LOVE LOVE LOVE with Mara and Mitch (most especially Mitch). Once again Kristen Ashley delivers in Law Man. She has such a knack for creating stunning, vibrant and amazing characters that simply draws you in as a reader. I can't seem to get enough of this and her books!

I have to admit it that it took me a long while to even begin to like Mara. She drove me nuts. Mara annoyed me to no end with her people classifications, her low self-esteem and her refusal to let Mitch into her world. Really! If there is a hot, sweet, completely sexy male wanting to assist you and wants an in to start things with you – why oh why do you fight this??????? Are you stupid???????

"I was right. Your head is right up your ass."

Yah, Mitch was right!!!!!

I did have some (albeit, very little) sympathy for Mara and did understand her reasoning for her low self-esteem, misguided perceptions of the real world, etc. Thank goodness that she woke up and smelled the cosmos and began to see Mitch for who he really is and believed him when he said he wanted her. If it had taken any longer for her to have this “awakening” I would have punched her in the face!!!!! Alas, she does wake up, she does let Mitch in and it is BEAUTIFUL ! Watching Mara’s growth as a character was one of my favorite parts about Law Man. She finally saw herself how those around her saw her – beautiful, strong, loyal and full of love. I simply loved how she stepped into the mom role with Billy and Billie and was ready to exhaust herself and do anything to make sure the kids were safe, protected, and staying with her. It was such a hard-fought battle to get her to the point where she stood up for herself and Mitch was such a huge catalyst that change.

“I’ll go gentle, baby,” he whispered against my lips. “I promise. You’ll always be safe with me."

Oh. My.

“Mitch,” I breathed.

His soulful eyes held mine captive as he repeated firmly, “Always.”

So Mitch….. Mitch, Mitch, Mitch. Perfection! Yes!

That. Is. All.

He is sweet, patient, kind, sexy, loving…. You get the picture! Simply swooneriffic!!! I absolutely loved him and he has now moved into my KA favorite alpha-males, right up there with Tate, Ty, Vance and Hector. Mitch is an honest and good man who will do anything needed to take care of his family and who he considers his. Who wouldn't fall in love with him? I know I did. Deeply in love!

“The man who gets Mara gets you and Billie. I’m that man. What you gotta get is, while fallin’ in love with Mara, I fell in love with you and your sister. Straight up, Bud, no lie. The feelings I feel for Mara are hers, the feelings I feel for Billie are hers and the feelings I feel for you are yours. You all have my love, not collectively, individually. Do you understand me?”

"Mitch nodded. “Right. What I mean is, I didn’t fall in love with you all as a whole. I fell in love with each of you because of who you are. I don’t care about you because you come with Mara. I care about you because you’re a good kid. You’re smart. You’re loyal. And you love and look out for your sister and Mara. I know grown men who do not have a character as fine as yours. Those are the reasons I love you. There are different reasons I love Billie. And there are different reasons I love Mara. Today, what we had together was good. But the feelings I feel for you aren’t feelings I have to have in order to have Mara. They’re feelings you earned. Now, you with me?”

I know a lot of reviewers have quoted the above; however, I just could not help myself. The relationship between Mitch and the two children was what put this book on my favorites list. I loved Mitch’s behaviour with Billy and Billie, how he was intuitively the best kind of father and knew what they needed both physically and emotionally. Watching the relationship grow and blossom (especially between Billy and Mitch) was so heartwarming. Those two children needed stability and someone to look after them and allow them to be kids. Mitch (and Mara) stepped it and it made for some wonderfully incredible scenes.

So.... drop everything you are read and read Law Man. That’s all!