LisaP

REVIEW - Henry's End

Henry's End - Julie A. Richman
3 Stars!

description

Henry’s End is a stand-alone M/M romance by Julie A. Richmond that outlines Henry Clark’s journey into the murky and turbulent waters of love. For those readers that have read Ms. Richmond’s Needing Moore series, they will already be familiar with Henry’s character as he appears in both Searching for Moore and Moore than Forever. This is my first book by this author and it was a fairly enjoyable read.

I am purposefully going to keep this review vague as I do not want to give anything away when it comes to the overall story arc. Henry is an extremely lovable, successful gay man whose close friends have all entered into serious relationships and have all started to settle down. Henry longs to find that one person who makes his heart sing, someone he can spend the rest of his life with and grow old with. As we embark on this journey with Henry we will walk with him through pain, loss, romance, passion and love. There are a few twists and turns along the way as Henry discovers who he is and ultimately finds his one.

While I did enjoy this novel overall I never really connected with Henry or any of the other characters and I felt that in some parts the writing was a little disjointed throwing me off. I could not help but wonder if I was missing something because I had not read the Needing Moore series where Henry plays a role as a secondary character. I do agree that this book could be read as a stand-alone; however, perhaps you would get greater reading pleasure if you were to have read the previous books where Henry makes an appearance. I am not sure. In the end this was a story about a man finding his way. It left me with a happy heart and a smile on my face.

****An advance reading copy of Henry's End by Julie A. Richman was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

description