LisaP

LisaP

REVIEW - Still the One by Jill Shalvis

Still the One - Jill Shalvis
4.5 Stars!

“Somethings are worth waiting for.”

description

Still the One by Jill Shalvis is book five in her Animal Magnetism series. I am a huge fan of this author and reading her books is always like coming home for me. We are back in Sunshine, Idaho once again revisiting the lovable crew at Belle Haven and Sunshine Wellness Center. This author seems to follow a familiar formula with many of her books; however, it is a formula that works and keeps me engrossed with the story and her beautifully developed characters. Jill Shalvis writes fantastically hilarious and witty tales, swoony romances and hot and sexy times that leave you all hot and bothered. This book is no exception. Another heart-warming gem of a read about two individuals who drive each other bonkers in more ways than one!

description

Darcy Stone was someone who sought adventure at every turn, someone who lived life to the fullest and embraced her wild and free spirit. That is until a tragic car accident nearly cost Darcy her life, leaving her with severe injuries that required much extensive physical therapy and a long rehabilitation period that has left her rooted in one place for longer than she cares for. Enter AJ Colten, ex-Navy Seal and physical therapist extraordinaire. AJ is the person who takes it upon himself to push Darcy past her limits and reach for the impossible when it came to her recovery. He is also the person who rejected her when she was feeling her most vulnerable, completely shattering her already susceptible psyche when it comes to abandonment issues. AJ has already been wounded in the past by an ex who was not strong enough to overcome her personal issues, deeply scarring him in the process. The last thing he needs is to give into his overwhelming attraction that he seems to have for the one woman who drives him bat-shit crazy. When AJ finds himself needing Darcy’s help, putting the two of them in close quarters for a time, will the sizzling hot ignitable sparks between them flare and burn out or will they cause an all-mighty explosion? How can two individuals with trust issues and insecurities even begin to cement anything beyond a sexual relationship? Will they be able to embrace what they’re feeling and allow the other in completely?

description

There is a definite connection that both Darcy and AJ are unable to ignore and it was fun watching them stumble their way into love, blunders and all. I loved Darcy and did understand her hesitations when it came to relationships. AJ had this strong and broody thing going for him, but damn if it was hard not to fall head over heels for the standoffish physical therapist right along with Darcy. Despite their hesitations to enter into the world of love, they both seemed to acknowledge that what they shared went beyond simply lust. I adored watching these two find their way to each other in such a way that can only come from Jill Shalvis. For me, she is the queen of penning light-hearted, funny and sexy romances that have me swooning and laughing out loud. AJ and Darcy’s road to happiness was real and sweet and had me transported to my happy place, somewhere only a great romance novel can take me.

All in all, Still the One is yet another wonderfully executed romance by an author who has yet to let me down. This book is not bogged down with unnecessary over-the-top angst and drama. That is definitely not how Jill Shalvis books work. What you get is a sweet, fun and light-hearted love story that will leave you happily sighing and seeking out a moody physical therapist of your own. I already can’t wait for the next book in this series.

*****An advance reading copy of Still the One by Jill Shalvis was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review.