LisaP

Skin to Skin - J.M. Stone
4.5 Stars!

“I kissed Brandon.”

description

Skin to Skin is book three in J. M. Stone’s Skin Deep series. This author has quite the knack for writing lovable romances with just the right amount of humour mixed in with some super steamy scenes. I am a fan and have thoroughly enjoyed the two previous books in this series. This third book followed suit. I loved watching Chloe and Brandon stumble their way into a relationship. Definitely a fun read!

We have gotten to know Brandon throughout the series more so than Chloe as she only made an appearance in book two when she moves from L.A. to Phillus, Ohio. They have known each other for quite some time as Chloe is the little sister of one of Brandon’s best friends, Jackson. When the pair share a passionate kiss in California it leaves them both reeling. Brandon had just ended a previous relationship (see book two) and was nursing a broken heart as well as a heck of a lot of confusion and Chloe had also just walked away from an abusive relationship she was in. Both were not ready to start anything new but after their kiss Chloe and Brandon find it impossible to simply walk away from one another and maintain simply a friendship like they had before. They both understand that what they now share goes beyond that. Can they survive the new dynamics of their relationship? Further, what happens when Chloe’s past comes back to haunt her and she finds herself having to share what exactly happened between her and her ex?

I really enjoy this author’s quirky writing style. What makes her books entertaining though, in my opinion, is how she intermixes humor and witty dialogue with the sexy times and the romance. Like its predecessors, this third book is chalk full of fun banter, hilarious incidents and hot as hell times between the sheets (or up against a wall, in the shower, on the kitchen table...you get it...wink, wink). Chloe and Brandon’s story did have more serious undertones than the two previous books because of what happened to Chloe but it was definitely a fun one to read and it held some very sweet and heart-warming moments.

All in all, Skin to Skin by J.M. Stone is a hot romance with humorous dialogue and a great assortment of family, friends and other colorful characters. I for one am still hooked and will be anxiously awaiting the next book in the series.

description

****A review copy of Skin to Skin by J.M. Stone was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review.