LisaP

LisaP

REVIEW - Merry Christmas, Baby

Merry Christmas, Baby - Jill Shalvis

5 Stars!

"Everything," he said, and brushed his mouth along her temple. "You've got everything I've got and everything I am."

Jill Shalvis is one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. Her books always leave me with a fluttering heart and a smile on my face. The Lucky Harbor series is one of all time favorite series. Every time I picked up a new book in this series it felt like coming home, a place where I knew I would find quirky and loving residents getting into all sorts of mischief. I have always loved getting lost in the quirky town of Lucky Harbor revisiting the lovable and eccentric habitants. This author seems to follow a familiar formula with many of her books; however, it is a formula that works and keeps me engrossed with the story and her beautifully developed characters. Jill Shalvis writes fantastically hilarious and witty tales, swoony romances and hot and sexy times that leave you all hot and bothered.

Merry Christmas, Baby focuses on one of my favorite couples in this series, Chloe and Sawyer. Sheriff Sawyer Thompson is this ruggedly handsome and stoic man who happened to fall for a stubborn, free-spirited woman who keeps him on his toes. In this short novella Chloe is almost ready to give birth to their first child. She is feeling moody and insecure and the fact that Sawyer is taking jobs away from home with the DEA to help pay for what they will require for the baby is not helping. Despite the fact that Sawyer is away from home, he still wants to ensure that Chloe is safe and well cared for. He wants her to take it easy considering the fact that she has debilitating asthma. But, alas, our hard-headed heroine is determined to go to a town Christmas party as one last hoorah before baby Thompson arrives. With the town turning up for this Christmas event, a huge snowstorm and a baby that wants to make its entrance into the world a little early, things certain become very interesting.Will Sawyer make it back on time and save the day?

I am saddened that this is the last book in this particular series. Lucky Harbor and it quirky inhabitants will always hold a special place in my heart. It will certainly be a series that I revisit from time to time.

****A review copy of Merry Christmas, Baby by Jill Shalvis was generously provided to me in exchange for an honest review.