LisaP

LisaP

REVIEW - SLADE

Slade - Laurann Dohner

4.5 “Mount Me” Stars!

“Keep moving, sweet thing.”

“You got it, lollypop.”

“Knock that off.”

“Right back at you.”

description

Slade is book two in Laurann Dohner’s New Species series. If the first book hadn’t convinced me just how kick ass this series is, this second installment would have done it. DAMN!

Dr. Trish Norbitt and Slade meet when Slade is first rescued from Mercile Industries. She is one of the doctors on call when he is brought into the hospital. The sexy encounter leaves them both reeling and stays with them long after that fateful night. They see each other once again when Trisha takes on a position at Homeland, the main base where the New Species are residing and starting over. Trisha is quickly disappointed when she discovers that Slade does not remember her from the hospital. Instead he is a crude jerk who likes to goad her with his rude comments and inappropriate proposals. When Slade discovers exactly who Trisha is he becomes determined to redeem himself. He is a man on a mission. A trip away from Homeland puts Slade and Trisha in grave danger and also makes Slade realize just how much he has to lose if he is unable to protect the woman he has claimed as his. Volatile human protestors, danger, being on the run, one virile New Species male and the woman he has claimed all make this one heck of a read!

I think that Ms. Dohner is on a mission to obliterate any and all ovaries when it comes to this series. These books are H.A.W.T. and this installment was no different. These New Species boys and their randy ways are all about mounting and, let me tell you, they can get the job done. Phew!

description

I am not sure I need to elaborate any further; however, just in case some of you require further clarification....

Need I say more?

All in all, Slade simply solidified the fact that I am now a huge fan of this series and can’t seem to read these books fast enough. Valiant is up next and after meeting him in this book I am so excited to meet the woman who will bring him to his knees.